Full course description
Date and time
Day 1: Wednesday 4 May 2022, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
Day 2: Friday 19 August 2022 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
Day 3: Wednesday 16 November 2022 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
A blend of face to face and online - for the online components a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event.
This learning event is right for you if you are a school looking at a new pedagogy to effectively and creatively engage students in their learning while developing 21st century learning skills.
Independent Schools Victoria (ISV) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for six Member Schools to participate in a program exploring the concepts of making thinking routine in a complex world and looking at cognition in action in classrooms. The program will enable participating teachers to learn a new pedagogy to effectively and creatively engage students in their learning while developing 21st century learning skills. This exciting, action research-based project will give teachers the opportunity to become adept at using Visible Thinking Routines as a means of inquiry in classrooms.
The new Visible Thinking Routines were developed in conjunction with Harvard University’s Project Zero (PZ) and ISV. The initiative dovetails with current efforts underway at PZ to move beyond our typical (face-to-face) modes of outreach and professional learning, and leverages the affordances of online environments for supporting teaching and learning. Member Schools have been involved in PZ’s online training, and now, with ISV’s support, PZ have developed a further four Visible Thinking Bundles.
Contact Jackie Macreadie for an Expression of Interest Form email@example.com
Visible Thinking Routines illuminate how teachers can deepen learning by igniting student curiosity and engagement. Sharing practice with colleagues from other schools help explore new possibilities.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Curriculum framework
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Monitoring and reporting on students’ performance
- learn pedagogy to effectively and creatively engage students in their learning to create a student-centred learning culture
- increase confidence in developing student general capabilities, skills, knowledge, attributes and attitudes to learning in sync with the Australian or approved equivalent school curriculums
- support strategies for school leaders to model and lead thinking routines throughout their school processes and procedures to sustain a culture of self-reflection, deep thinking and global interdependence in their schools
- access documentation and learning: How can the Thinking Routines be used to assess student learning?
Jackie Macreadie is a Principal Consultant for Independent Schools Victoria with over 25 years’ experience in education in schools and universities. She has held diverse portfolios, ranging from development of International Student Programs, Registered Training Organisations, to leading change in schools as a school leader. Jackie has held a number of roles at University in a Faculty and Marketing management and administrative capacity, as well as lecturing in Science and the Masters of Teaching for Deakin University, Monash University and Holmesglen TAFE. Jackie has played leading roles in the implementation of various Australian and Victorian Government education programs focusing on implementation of the Australian Curriculum, staff and student well-being, pathways and careers, as well as school performance.
Jackie supports schools in a variety of contexts, ranging from compliance, policy development, curriculum and student well being initiatives as well as school performance, strategic planning and governance. Jackie holds a Masters of Educational Leadership and is currently researching Learning Spaces in schools.
Aynur Simsirel is Principal Consultant for Independent Schools Victoria. She supports schools in a variety of contexts, ranging from compliance, policy development, curriculum and student well being initiatives as well as school performance, strategic planning and governance. Aynur has significant experience in school leadership. She has worked in middle leadership roles, as a Deputy Principal and Executive Principal overseeing the growth of a multi campus Independent school. She has over 20 years’ experience as an educator.
· A cost of $3500 + GST per school team will be charged to the school
· Each individual team member enrols here for no extra fee