Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 20 January 2022, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology, want to get your head around the new Study Design for 2022 or have had a career break and want a refresh.
During this half-day workshop you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology course. This workshop will include:
• exploring the VCE Study Design
• suggested timelines
• SAC suggestions
• tips and tricks for engaging your students
• preparing your students for the examination.
This learning events supports creating best practice toward the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- a framework in which to teach VCE Units 3 & 4 Biology
- ideas on how to structure your week, term and year
- comprehensive understanding of the level of detail required by VCE Biology students
- confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset.
Caroline Cotton is a passionate educator that loves working with teachers and students. Having taught VCE Biology, Chemistry & Science for over 10 years in the classroom, Caroline started her own business, Cotton Educational Consulting which delivers professional development to teachers and revision lectures to students. Caroline also mentors new teachers. She has authored a number of VCE Biology and other Australian Science textbooks. Caroline is the founder of Biobrain Learning that creates engaging STEM learning tools for students and their teachers of Science, VCE Biology, Chemistry & Physics.