Full course description
Date and time
Wednesday 19 January 2022, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 1 & 2 Chemistry or have had a career break and want a refresh.
During this session, you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 1 & 2 Chemistry course.
This workshop will include:
- exploring the VCE Study Design (links across Units 1-4)
- suggested timelines
- SAC resources and suggestions
- tips and tricks for engaging your students
- preparing your students for success in VCE Chemistry.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Learnings and take-away from extended remote learning periods
- a framework in which to teach VCE Units 1 & 2 Chemistry
- ideas on how to structure your week, term and year
- comprehensive understanding of the level of detail required by VCE Chemistry students
- confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset.
Alex Colussa is a passionate Chemistry teacher and VCAA Chemistry assessor at Trinity Grammar School, Kew. As president of the Early Careers Chemistry Network (ECCN) and committee member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute (RACI), who regularly presents at conferences, Alex has experience in the design and delivery of Chemistry programs to a variety of Chemistry teachers across the state. Alongside these roles he lectures and writes resources for a number of private companies, including TSFX. Utilising his industry connections, Alex has a passion for bringing real-world, practical chemistry to the classroom.