Full course description
Date and time
Friday 21 January 2022, 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are new to teaching VCE Units 3 & 4 Chemistry or have had a career break and want a refresh.
During this session, you will have time to discuss and work through the VCE Units 3 & 4 Chemistry course.
This workshop will include:
• exploring the VCE Study Design, including suggested timelines
• organising and sequencing practical work/demonstrations
• writing and proofing SACs, rubrics and SAC exemplars for an audit
• sequencing and utilising digital simulations into your course
• preparing your students for the examination.
Join this session to ensure you are ready for a successful year of teaching VCE Units 3&4 Chemistry.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- learnings and take-aways from extended remote teaching periods
- a framework and timeline in which to teach VCE Units 3 & 4 Chemistry
- comprehensive understanding of ‘key problem areas’ for VCE Chemistry students
- SAC resources, practical activities, demonstrations and more
- confidence to begin the year well prepared and with a fresh mindset
Alex Colussa is a passionate Chemistry teacher and VCAA Chemistry assessor at Trinity Grammar School, Kew. As president of the Early Careers Chemistry Network (ECCN) and committee member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute (RACI), who regularly presents at conferences, Alex has experience in the design and delivery of Chemistry programs to a variety of Chemistry teachers across the state. Alongside these roles he lectures and writes resources for a number of private companies, including TSFX. Utilising his industry connections, Alex has a passion for bringing real-world, practical chemistry to the classroom.