Full course description
Date and time
Tuesday 10 May 2022, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are leading or part of a team responsible for delivering respectful relationships and sexuality education at school.
Implementing a comprehensive relationships and sexuality education program is crucial to ensuring students are armed with the knowledge and skills to make informed, safe and positive decisions around sexuality, relationships and growing up. This half day program will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to confidently design and deliver a comprehensive sexuality and relationships education program. The program will focus on key content areas, including consent, respectful relationships, inclusivity and online safety. This will be combined with practical strategies for high-impact, interactive and engaging delivery, including classroom set-up, breaking the ice, creating a safe space, answering tricky questions and transforming traditional lessons to interactive and discussion-based activities.
“The staff PD was a real success. The staff who attended found the content very relevant and engaging. The fact that it was interactive really added to the experience.” - Previous participant
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student welfare
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Teaching and learning
- increased understanding of the content within consent and respectful relationships education
- deeper knowledge of the impact of exposure to pornography, including strategies to deliver this content in class
- understanding of the impact of sexting and the distribution of intimate images, including strategies to implement in the event of a leaked image
- how to create inclusive classrooms, particularly around gender and sexuality
- strategies to deliver engaging and interactive relationships and sexuality education.
Since 2015, Elephant Ed has been transforming the way sex education is taught across Australia. Elephant Ed is comprised of young, relatable and highly trained facilitators to deliver engaging sex education workshops to schools, universities and community groups. The workshops are designed by young people for young people. The evidence-based, age-appropriate workshops are tried and tested across all relevant age groups and are mapped to State and National curriculum guidelines. Already Elephant Ed has empowered tens of thousands of young people to make informed, positive and safe decisions about sexuality, relationships and growing up.