Full course description
Date and time
Wednesday 1 June 2022, 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
This learning event is right for you if you are concerned about young people and pornography and are looking for strategies to engage in effective conversations.
Research shows that pornography is associated with unsafe sexual health practices and may strengthen attitudes supportive of sexual violence and violence against women (aifs.gov.au). In this digital age, young people have easy access to explicit material and open communication is one of the best approaches to supporting them to make good and healthy decisions.
Elephant Ed is a leader in the delivery of sexuality education to students, parents and school staff. Join this one hour webinar to increase your awareness of how pornography is impacting students and how to engage them in effective conversations to help them to think critically about the effects.
‘The workshop was super interesting and they really got the participants involved. The way they presented and explained the topics was informative and really engaging.’ Previous participant
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student welfare
- statistics relating to young people’s exposure to pornography
- understanding of the impact of exposure to pornography
- strategies to implement if things go wrong
- strategies to start open and effective conversation