Leading strategically 2023100F
May 9, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
Full course description
Date and time
Tuesday 9 May 2023, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
Senior Leader, Deputy Principal, Principal
Want to learn more with Elizabeth City?
- Unlocking the power of the core and tasks in your leadership (Wednesday 10 May)
- Mastering task, deepening learning (Thursday 11 May)
- Unlocking and mastering the power of the Core + Task in leadership (Wednesday 10 – Thursday 11 May). Double up and save $50.
Are you feeling like there is too much going on in your organisation and/or in your life? Are you clear on ambitious goals but less sure how to get there? How do you decide where and how to focus, and what does it look like for other people to be on that journey with you in a meaningful way?
In this session, we will take up the questions of what strategy is and why it is essential if you are serious about helping all children learn.
We will use several hands-on activities to help you diagnose the current state of your strategy and identify areas to strengthen it, with the goals of deepening your understanding of strategy and providing tools you can use with your colleagues.
We will also identify common places where strategy falls apart and what to do about it. Then, we will examine what it means to lead strategically and how to integrate strategic ways of being and doing into your everyday life.
- understanding leading strategically as both a personal reflective practice and a collaborative practice
- deeper understanding of effective strategy in the complex environments of schools and systems
- tools and ideas to apply immediately to your life.
Dr Elizabeth A City
Elizabeth City is Senior Lecturer on Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE), where she is Executive Director of Reach Every Reader and recently served as Director of the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) Program. Liz has served as a teacher, instructional coach, Principal, and consultant, in each role focused on helping all children, and the educators who work with them, realize their full potential. She is currently focused on accelerating the development of equitable, learning-rich environments.
Link(s) to relevant VRQA Standards
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes