Best practice for complaints and dispute management 2023034F
Jun 15, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
Full course description
Date and time
Thursday 15 June 2023, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
Principal, Senior Leader
Managing parent complaints can be challenging. This learning event will explore the most effective strategies for managing parent complaints and support you to understand when seeking independent advice might be the most appropriate course of action.
- greater understanding of how to effectively respond to and resolve parent complaints
- understanding of when to notify the governing authority or seek independent legal advice
- more awareness of mediation and other dispute management processes
- scenarios and examples of dispute management in schools.
Sarah Dunn is School Services Advisor at Independent Schools Victoria. Sarah is an experienced lawyer in the education sector. She provides strategic and practical advice to Member Schools in relation to a range of legal, regulatory, risk and compliance issues.
Link(s) to relevant VRQA Standards
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Student behaviour management (discipline).