Child Information Sharing and Family Violence Reforms 2023008WD
Jul 13, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
Full course description
Please support us in being able to provide high quality professional learning by contacting isLearn for a group price if you wish to share this learning experience with others.
Date and time
Thursday 13 July 2023, 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
Principal, Deputy Principal, Head of School, or Risk and Compliance Manager
The Child Information Sharing Scheme (CISS) and the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme (FVISS) aim to remove barriers and make it easier for education professionals to share information to promote wellbeing or safety of children. The CISS and FVISS also make it easier to manage or assess family violence risk. All Victorian schools and a range of other services are prescribed Information Sharing Entities (ISEs) and can request and share confidential information under the Schemes. You can learn how to meet your obligations and take up the opportunities supported by the reforms by completing this training.
- greater understanding of who is able to share or request confidential information under the reforms
- awareness of threshold requirements for sharing information
- greater understanding of the process of accepting or refusing a request for information
- knowledge of recordkeeping requirements.
Sarah Dunn is School Services Advisor at Independent Schools Victoria. Sarah is an experienced lawyer in the education sector. She provides strategic and practical advice to Member Schools in relation to a range of legal, regulatory, risk and compliance issues.
Link(s) to relevant VRQA Standards
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety