Information Sharing for Early Childhood Professionals 2023143W
May 2, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
Full course description
Please support us in being able to provide high quality professional learning by contacting isLearn for a group price if you wish to share this learning experience with others.
Date and time
Tuesday 2 May 2023, 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
ECEC Director, ELC Leader, ELC Staff
The Child and Family Violence Information Sharing Schemes have made significant changes to the way early childhood professionals can share information with other service organisations.
Independent Schools Victoria (ISV) in partnership with the Department of Education (DE) is pleased to be able to offer information sharing training for early childhood providers.
This training will help you understand how you can use the information sharing reforms to work with services such as schools, maternal and child health, Victoria Police and child protection to:
- get the full picture of the children you work with
- identify issues or risks for children and families sooner
- ensure children receive the best support possible across services
- support children as they transition to schools.
- understanding who is able to share or request information under the Child and Family Violence Information Sharing Schemes
- knowledge of when sharing can occur and what information can be requested
- strategies for sharing information in a safe and appropriate way
- understanding how to meet your legal obligations under the reforms.
Department of Education
Training will be facilitated by members of the educator team from the Department of Education’s Victorian Child Information Sharing Division. The educator team have a wealth of knowledge from across the early childhood, school and community sector. Coupled with their deep understanding of the reforms and how they can be applied in an education setting, the team provides detailed and practical insights in a group training environment.
Link(s) to relevant VRQA Standards
Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety