New to leading individual needs teams 2023160F
Mar 24, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
Full course description
Date and time
Day 1: Friday 24 March 2023, 9.30am to 3.30pm
Day 2: Thursday 27 April 2023, 9.30am to 3.30pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
Coordinator of Individual Needs, Inclusive Education, Student Support Services
This comprehensive two day event is designed specifically for new coordinators, and will provide the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in this role. Through a combination of research and policy briefs, interactive activities, expert-led discussions, and hands-on activities, you'll gain a deep understanding of the legal and ethical frameworks surrounding inclusive education, as well as practical strategies for working with students, families, and staff to create an inclusive school culture.
Inclusive education coordinators play a crucial role in our schools, leading their school in the adoption and implementation of evidence-based practices and creating a positive impact on the lives of diverse learners in their context.
- an understanding of the historical context and perspective for inclusion in education
- a deep-dive into the structures and processes that can support inclusive education environments
- the ability to identify and apply the policies and legislative requirements supporting inclusion and participation in Australia and globally
- the ability to design and implement effective strategies for building a ‘whole-of-school’ inclusive culture.
Cleo is an accomplished and highly regarded secondary school teacher, inclusive education leader, geographer and mentor in the world of education. Equal parts educator and entrepreneur, Cleo loves working with students, teachers and principals to foster inclusive classrooms and schools where all voices are heard, amplified and embraced.
Jade is a passionate educator with extensive experience and education in inclusive education. Having worked with many primary and secondary schools on their inclusive journey, Jade brings a high level of academic and practical understanding to school leaders, educators and families as we collectively strive for the best learning outcomes for all students.
Link(s) to relevant VRQA Standards
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment