Full course description
Date and time
Tuesday 23 August 2022, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
In person at ISV, 40 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne
This learning event is right for you if you are a Principal, Deputy Principal or Wellbeing Coordinator.
This three-hour seminar will explore in greater detail Student Welfare from the VRQA Minimum Standards. There will be an emphasis on what the Minimum Standards actually say. All topics associated with the standards will be explored and questions answered.
In Victoria, schools are reviewed to make sure they are meeting the minimum standards and other requirements for registration as outlined by the VRQA.
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Safe environment
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Child safety
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Anaphylaxis management policy
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Emergency bushfire management
- Care, Safety and Welfare of Students – Student behaviour management (discipline)
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student welfare
Information on the following topics:
- care, safety and welfare of students
- managing the risk of child abuse
- anaphylaxis, cybersafety ,first aid
- Emergency Bushfire Management
- attendance monitoring and register
- Working with Children Act 2005.
Peter Roberts is currently Independent Schools Victoria’s Head of School Services, and the Company Secretary of the Victorian Independent Schools Block Grant Authority. He joined ISV as the Manager, Compliance Framework. In his roles, Peter provides advice and support to Independent schools, particularly in the areas of compliance and accountability, capital projects and school operations. He has played a leading role in implementing various Australian and Victorian Government education programs focused on school performance and infrastructure improvement. Prior to joining ISV, he spent twenty years working in schools, most recently as an Assistant Principal at a large metropolitan school.